Chicago genealogical research is not only my specialty, it's my passion.
Here's what you can expect, if you arrange for me to tackle your reserach question:
1) We will work together to agree on a narrowly-focused research question. If your goal is broad, we will break the research down into small, manageable, measurable steps.
2) I will take a close look at what you know before we begin. I will ask you to share any documents or stories that you might have so I can look for clues to use in brainstorming focused, efficient ways to address your research question.
3) I generally work on one project at a time. You may need to wait a short time before I'm able to begin your research (usually a matter of days), but once I do, it will likely receive my undivided attention.
4) I never promise that I will be able to answer a research question. But, I do promise that I will work hard to find answers and that I will provide a carefully-written report to document the research that I do.
5) I will ask you to sign a contract summarizing our research agreement because I believe the formal understanding it provides is of value to both of us.
6) I will keep you informed of my progress.
And what about fees? You can expect to pay $40 per hour for research and writing when I am able to draw on my experience and expertise in a way that allows me to work efficiently. If I take on a project as an educational experience, I will adjust my rate accordingly. And, if you are willing to let me share work related to your project--on my blog, for example--I may offer a discount. We will agree on fees ahead of time, and I will sometimes offer a set fee or provide a not-to-exceed quote.
To ask a question or explore the possibility of setting up a project, please email email@example.com. I value great communication and I try very hard to reply quickly to every email I receive.
Here's what one happy client had to say about my efforts to locate and explain the records she requested: "Cyndy is wonderful. She went above and beyond in providing information and guidance. I thought I was simply asking for her to retrieve vital records however she also provided a written report and suggestions for moving forward. She surpassed my expectations!"
And here's what another wrote when I asked her if she would consider writing about the experience she had working with me so that I could share it with potential clients:
"I hired Cyndy [full name replaced] to help me identify and determine the date of birth, date of death and burial location of siblings of my mother. All events took place in Chicago or the immediate area around Chicago.
Cyndy immediately responded to my initial request by asking questions about the assignment and gaining an understanding of the work that I had already done. She made sure that she understood the scope of the assignment and exactly what I was asking.
Her work was completed in a timely fashion, was very thorough and to the point (no irrelevant information). She also made suggestions of other avenues I might pursue. Her initial estimate of cost was the same amount as the final invoice and was quite reasonable.
I unequivocally recommend Cyndy for genealogy research.
San Francisco Bay Area"
© 2020< ChicagoGenealogy. All rights reserved. Theme by elemis.